The bifolding door market is buoyant but there has been little new in bifolding doors until now. However, aluminium remains the choice material for bifolding doors even with companies specialising mainly in upvc product. Even they acknowledge that aluminium bifolds are far superior to pvc for slimness strength and longer term reliability as a product.
I have dealt with many bifolding door systems over the recent years but have yet to see a product as slim as the retractable sliding doors from Sunseeker doors. Sunseeker Doors offer a range of products but their Retractable Sliding Doors are unelievably slim and deserve a closer look.
Sunseeker Doors Retractable Sliding Doors
The principle of slide and pivot doors is that the doors form a removable glass wall that has a standard pivot opening main door. Once the door is opened, the other doors can slide along top and bottom aluminium guides to the gap and also pivot, virtually removing the wall, similar to bi folds. Where building construction allows, the lower guide can be sunk into the floor. Slide and pivot doors are fully retractable to maximise access when open an maximise light flow and viewing pleasure, even when closed.
- Frameless Glass room dividers / enclosures were launched at the end of 2008. They are made of tempered ‘unbreakable’ glass and are suitable for internal use (e.g. room dividers), external use (e.g. balcony enclosures, pool enclosures) and commercial use (e.g. shop frontage, pavement cafés)
- The double glazed frameless uses kite marked double glazing units that have a visible seal of 19mm and conform to British building regulations. They have better thermal values than standard bi folds and can be used wherever bi folding doors might be used.
- SunSeeker UltraSlim is similar to the frameless double glazed doors but has an 19mm aluminium frame that can be ordered in any of over 100 RAL colours. It is the top-of-the-range contemporary patio door and can be installed to a width of approximately 8m (over 25ft). Additionally, the doors – or windows – can be ordered with horizontal slatted blinds encapsulated within the glazing cavity. As well as integral blinds, there are glass options, including tinted glass, argon-filled, anti-sun or laminated.
Having installed a number of UltraSlim doors and windows since its official launch 18 months ago, SunSeeker is able to reduce the purchase and installation package price. From October 2012, UltraSlim doors will cost just 10% more than SunSeeker Slimline bifolds. A quote request form on the website will enable prospective purchasers to obtain comparative quotations.
SunSeeker Doors offer a Range of Retractable Doors and Windows
- Traditional Slimline Aluminium framed bi folding doors / windows
- Innovative UltraSlim Aluminium framed slide and pivot doors / windows
- Frameless Double Glazed slide and pivot doors / windows
- Frameless Glass Door room dividers / external enclosures
About SunSeeker Doors
With its origins in powder coating aluminium, Bedfordshire based SunSeeker Doors developed and launched its sliding-folding door system just after the turn of the century. SunSeeker Doors has manufactured and installed made-to-measure aluminium framed bi fold patio doors consistently since 2003.
Continuous development has ensured that SunSeeker Doors offers a versatile range of contemporary and stylish UK manufactured retractable door and window systems, the only British door specialist with this choice of systems. All installations are carried out by SunSeeker Doors’ own experienced teams, not contractors.
Contact us if you would like further information or visit www.sunseekerdoors.co.uk