The Alumina bifolding door is one of Liniar’s latest products, an aluminium bifolding door. The Liniar brand for PVCu windows and doors is widely used by installers all over the UK, providing a high quality range of doors and windows. Liniar PVCu range of windows is excellent and benefits from a slim sash system, a quality timber look window and well-designed sliding, bifolding doors and French doors.
Uses for the Alumina bifolding door.
Alumina bifolding doors are ideal for both the replacement of old patio doors as well as for new extensions and newly created openings. These high quality bifold doors meet several requirements:
- To install one of the latest bifolding doors on the market from a leading brand.
- Where a sculptured bifolding door is desirable.
- An aluminium door with an attractive coloured or woodgrain foiled finish as well as other colours.
- A bifolding door to match PVCu windows.
- A bifolding door with several innovations and enhancements over and above products.
Alumina Bifolding Door Options and Features.
The design of the Alumina bifolding door has a strong PVCu influence, yet this is a full aluminium folding door. A groundbreaking bifold with all the benefits associated with aluminium as well as several distinctive features and options.
Cost savings is one benefit of Alumina. Because the door is designed to match PVCu windows, there is no need to have more costly aluminium windows. Homeowners get cost savings on the doors and windows for an entire renovation or building project. Windows and doors can be mixed and matched as a result. This new bifold door system matches other windows, doors and conservatory roofs in colour and appearance.
Attention to detail is another feature of an Alumina bifolding door.
- Folding keys prevent damage when the doors are folded back with the key left in the door.
- The intermediate handles used to fold the doors are one-piece with the door hinges, giving cleaner lines.
- Hidden fixings and discreet door magnets create a sleek and elegant door.
- Wheels rolling on top of the track ensuring consistent operation and more natural cleaning compared to other track types.
- Optional polished chrome hinges, rollers and door handles.
A Warm Touch foiled exterior
The foiled finish makes an Alumina bifolding door unique amongst aluminium folding doors. Even though all modern aluminium bifolds have a thermal break, aluminium by its very nature is cold to the touch.
The range of coloured and woodgrain foils available with Alumina provides a tactile, warm-to-the-touch surface. This foiled surface is unique amongst aluminium bifolding doors. The foiled options are in addition to the entire RAL colour range in powder-coated finishes. Therefore, Alumina offers a further choice in what colour and texture to have on a bifolding door.
Powder-coated standard colours include white RAL 9003, Grey RAL 7016 and black RAL 9005. Foil colours are White, Cream and Chartwell Green. Foils come in Irish Oak, Golden Oak and Rosewood. Also on offer are Mahogany, RAL 7016 and RAL 9005 foils.
Easy Glazing with PVCu glazing bead option.
Updated in 2019, Alumina bifolding doors now come with the option of a PVCu glazing bead, offering a much faster installation for installers and adding to thermal efficiency. Choose the PVCu glazing bead instead of aluminium and fitters also get a number of benefits. These include:
- A much easier glazing method thanks to the more flexible nature of a PVCu bead.
- No visible wedge gaskets thanks to the co-extruded nature of the seal on the bead.
- The better insulation compared to aluminium also improves thermal efficiency.
- No colour variation between the aluminium profile and the joining upvc bead. Therefore, it’s an exact match.
- Especially beneficial on white powder coated doors and matches Liniar windows too.
As well as the above installation benefits, the latest improvement to the Alumina bifolding door offers simplified glazing, less use of gaskets and a much neater finish both practically and aesthetically. However, speed of installation is improved thanks to no additional wedge gasket required. For anyone already working with PVCu glazing beads, they’ll know how forgiving they are when glazing doors and with far less risk of marking the profile.
Low U-Values and Excellent Thermal Performance.
The aluminium profiles of the Alumina bifolding door have a high performance thermal break. In addition to this is the locking system that also has a thermal insert. Furthermore, the polymer lock has inherent strength as well as acting as a further thermal break.
All these features result in a very thermally efficient aluminium bifold. Increased thermal performance and improved energy efficiency mean 1.5Wm2K when double glazed and 1.2Wm2K when triple glazed.
Low threshold with a weather rating.
The low threshold with a weather rating found on Alumina doors places them with only a handful of bifolding doors. Other doors with low thresholds require internal use or come with no weather protection. Alumina’s low threshold provides both the advantages of a more discreet threshold and weather protection. There is even a Part M compliant version for commercial installations and disabled access.
Alumina bifolds doors are available to installers fabricated by Liniar or from their network of trade manufacturers. Quality home improvement showrooms also feature Alumina doors. Contact us for further information or where to buy.