New in Aluminium Casement Windows, SAPA Building Systems, a highly respected and well known aluminium systems company have their new SAPA Crown Window in full swing.
The NEW Crown Casement Window System creates side or top hung windows and fixed lights as individual elements or as truly co-ordinated multi-light windows. The system’s capabilities and range of options, including those providing structural performance, are particularly comprehensive and can accommodate a vast array of window designs.
The system is fully weather stripped to achieve the highest levels of weather performance. All profiles incorporate polyamide thermal barriers to meet the latest Building Regulation requirements in terms of U values and window energy ratings.
The Crown window offers the following advantages:
- Versatile and comprehensive – creates top hung, side hung or fixed light windows
- Patented security bead design
- Meets BS 6375: Part 1 Severe Exposure Category 2000
- Virtually maintenance free
- Wide choice of colour finishes options including dual colour
- Compatible with other Sapa window and door products
- Security designed into system and hardware options
- Trickle ventilators to meet Building Regulations needs
- Wide range of framing shapes to suit all styles of homes
- Can incorporate mullions and transoms with structural capabilities
- Can create glazed screens or bay windows with corner junctions at any angle between 90° and 270°
- Crown windows can meet and surpass the area weighted average U values stipulated in Part L of the Building Regulations
- Lower U values can be achieved using double glazed units with enhanced thermal insulation, such as ‘soft coat’ low emissivity glass, argon gas filling and thermally broken spacer bars
|Opening Lights||Fixed Lights|
|Water Tightness||Class 9A (600 pa)||Class 9A (600 pa)|
|Air Permeability||Class 3 (600 pa)||Class 3 (600 pa)|
|Wind Resistance||Class B5 (2000 pa) **||Class B5 (2000 pa) **|
** Exposure category varies with width/height of the window and mullion/transom used. An accurate figure for wind load can be obtained using BS 6399: Part 2 Calcualations and Inertia Values.
Download the SAPA Crown Casement Windows Brochure here